Trouble using PWA Element in Ionic 3

First a simple Question… if the answer is yes, then a more complex question.

Do the PWA elements work with Ionic 3 (3,9,2)?

I’m assuming the answer is “YES”
So… next question… can the PWA elements be used in an Ionic 3 modal?

When I try to use the Camera example (straight from the docs) in a Modal window, without the PWA Elements I get a cameraModal.componentOnReady is not a function error, which is expected… However, if I then add the PWA elements () in my index.html file (bottom of the head element), in a modal that includes the code from the docs, my buttons can’t be clicked (the backdrop covers them), and in a normal Ionic page (navCtrl.push), I see the backdrop initialize, and can make out where the camera preview should be, but the camera never loads, although I do see the correct camera information in the console… FYI, in the same browser pages like this work fine (https://whatwebcando.today/camera-microphone.html)…

MediaStreamTrack {kind: "video", id: "1741c79e-b554-4af6-9b6b-25a4389dc0bf", label: "Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision (046d:08c9)", enabled: true, muted: false, …}contentHint: ""enabled: trueid: "1741c79e-b554-4af6-9b6b-25a4389dc0bf"kind: "video"label: "Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision (046d:08c9)"muted: falseonended: nullonmute: nullonunmute: nullreadyState: "live"__proto__: MediaStreamTrack

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI) : 4.4.0 (C:\Users\rbgie_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\ionic)
Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 3.9.2
@ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.9

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : not installed
Cordova Platforms : not available
Cordova Plugins : not available

System:

(C:\Users\rbgie_000\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk)
NodeJS : v8.11.1 (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe)
npm : 5.6.0

Anybody have any suggestions on why this doesn’t work? Is it possible there is something in my CSS that is conflicting? I can post code if it’s helpful, but I’m using exactly what is in the documentation